7 reasons to sleep under the stars on a rafting trip
On many of our river rafting trips on the Rogue River and Salmon River, guests opt to sleep under the stars at night instead of a tent. Sleeping under the stars can be a magical and memorable experience, with many benefits. Some of the best parts of sleeping under the stars include:
- Being close to nature: Sleeping under the stars allows you to be immersed in nature and experience the beauty of the night sky. The stars and the natural sounds of the wilderness can be mesmerizing and calming. On the Rogue, Lower Salmon, and Main Salmon Rivers you can comfortably sleep outside and fall asleep under the night sky.
- A sense of peace and tranquility: Being away from the distractions of everyday life and technology can provide a sense of peace and tranquility, allowing you to relax and unwind.
- Getting a better night's sleep: Sleeping outside in the fresh air and natural light can help regulate your circadian rhythm and improve your sleep quality.
- Building memories: Sleeping under the stars on rivers such as the Rogue and Salmon, is an unforgettable experience that can create lasting memories with friends and family. Your kids will never forget their first night of falling asleep while taking in the magnificence of the Milky Way.
- Personal growth: Sleeping under the stars can be a humbling and empowering experience, helping to build self-reliance and resilience. It can also be a way to reconnect with oneself and nature.
- Adventure: Sleeping under the stars can add an element of adventure and excitement to your camping experience, making it more memorable.
- Unforgettable Experience: Sleeping under the stars is an unforgettable experience that will stay with you for a long time, and one that you will want to repeat in the future.
Three of the best trips for sleeping under the stars are: