The Wild and Scenic Rogue River: 5 reasons it is a must see!
Five reasons why the Wild and Scenic Rogue River is a must raft destination.
- Scenic Beauty: The Rogue River is known for its breathtaking scenery, which includes steep canyons and lush forests. Mule Creek Canyon, on the Wild and Scenic section is an especially unique vertical walled gorge. Rafting the Rogue River allows visitors to experience this natural beauty up close and in an intimate way.
- Wild and Remote: The Rogue River is a Wild and Scenic River, which means that it is protected from development and is accessible only by boat or foot. This makes it a great destination for those looking for a remote and rugged wilderness experience. Escape cell service for a few days and truly relax.
- Whitewater Adventure: The Rogue River offers some of the best whitewater rafting in the West, with rapids ranging from Class II to Class IV. This makes it a great destination for those looking for an adrenaline rush.
- Fishing: The Rogue River is known for its excellent fishing, especially in the fall. Anglers can catch half-pound steelhead, adult steelhead, Chinook Salmon and Coho Salmon. Learn about Fishing on the Rogue River
- Rich History: The Rogue River has a rich history of human use, from the indigenous Takelma people to the European settlers and gold miners. Rafting the Rogue River allows visitors to experience this history and learn about the people and events that have shaped the region.
Rafting the Rogue River is an ideal adventure for those seeking to experience the natural beauty of the region, the thrill of whitewater, and the opportunity to explore the remote and wild areas of southern Oregon. Learn about all of our trips on the Rogue River here: